Cold Laser therapy aims to stimulate damaged cells by using specific wavelengths of light chemically. Chemically damaged cells stimulate the pain cycle. Lasers excite the cell’s mitochondria, thus creating more energy within the cell by transmitting healing stimuli known as photons.
The skin absorbs these photons via a photo-chemical effect, not photo-thermal; therefore, it does not cause heat damage to the tissues. Once the photons reach the cells of the body, they start a cascade of cellular activities. Lasers can increase the production of enzymes, ATP synthesis, stimulate mitochondria, increase vasodilation and lymphatic drainage, and elevate collagen formation substances to prevent the formation of scar tissues. This is a crucial step in reducing chronic myofascial pain. Simply put, lasers allow patients to get out of pain faster and heal
The laser is totally safe and easy to use. Professor Andre Mester began using low power lasers in medicine in 1967. Dr. Mester is recognized by many as the grandfather of laser therapy. Since then, the cold laser has become one of the most versatile tools we have ever used.
Cold lasers have stimulating effects rather than destructive ones. It may just be the perfect conjunctive tool for chiropractic treatments. There are so many clinical applications of the cold laser, acute and chronic pain reduction, reduce inflammation, enhanced tissue healing, and cell regeneration. Studies have shown rapid pain reduction and faster recovery times, far exceeding conventional methods.
Unlike high power, “hot” lasers which have shorter wavelengths, which have catabolic effects that can deliberately destroy tissue in cauterizing and surgical applications, low power, “soft”, “cool”, or “cold” lasers have longer wavelengths that have anabolic effects that promote rapid reduction of pain, accelerate healing time, and accelerate growth and repair.
Benefits of Laser Therapy:
- Virtually No Contra-Indications
- Easy to Apply
- No Side Effects or Pain
- Very Safe
- Highly Effective for Patient (more than 90% efficacy)
- Superior Alternative to: Analgesics, NSAID’s, Other Medications, Other Modalities
- Reduces Need for Surgery
Call us and schedule your appointment today!
Biological Effects of Cold Laser Therapy
- Rapid Cell Growth— Laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Faster Wound Healing— Laser light stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue.
- Increased Metabolic Activity— Higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells, and greater production of the basic food source for cells, Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP).
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation— Laser light reduces scar tissue formation following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or post-surgery.
- Anti-Inflammatory Action— Laser light reduces swelling caused by bruising or joints’ inflammation to give enhanced joint mobility.
- Increased Vascular Activity— Laser light induces temporary vasodilation increasing blood flow to damaged areas.
- Stimulated Nerve Function— Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in “dead” limbs or numb areas. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life.
- Anti-bacterial, Anti-Viral, Anti-Fungal: Has been documented to help the body eliminate bacteria and other infections. (Violet Laser )
Cold Laser therapy treats a variety of conditions including:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel
- Ligament Sprains
- Muscle Strain
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Joint Injuries and Pains
- Wound Healing
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Post-Operative Healing
Erchonia Laser Treatment – Decrease pain and inflammation and increase range of motion
Erchonia Laser is used to enhance tissue recovery, effective in accelerating healing for burns and wounds, and significantly advance/speed up injury healing time. Low-Level Laser Therapy promotes healing in many conditions, including chronic/acute pain and other joint and neurological conditions.
Erchonia’s lasers made history by becoming the first to receive FDA market clearance for the treatment of chronic pain and increasing range of motion, proven through two double-blind IRB studies. The Erchonia Lasers are the most advanced lasers on the market, with their sleek revolutionary design, patented line generated beam, and the ability to program independent frequencies in all of their family of lasers. It has been found to be extremely beneficial for enhancing and accelerating wound healing and reducing acute inflammation.
Unlike high power lasers that use heat and destroy tissue, low energy lasers affect the cellular energy of the underlying tissue. Hot lasers have a thermal effect and have an output of 1MW or above. Cold (or) Low-Level Lasers do not have a thermal effect on the tissue: lasers that stimulate biological function have an output below 10mw- milliwatts (ten one-thousandth of a watt).
With over 200 clinical studies – many of which are double-blind, placebo-controlled – and in excess of 2000 published articles on LLLT (low-level laser therapy), this innovative technology has a well-documented research and application history. Having grown far beyond its distant Institutional Review Board (IRB) and experimental treatment status, LLLT is now being considered a therapy of choice for difficult pain management challenges such as fibromyalgia and myofascial pain.
Low-Level Laser Therapy is FDA-cleared to successfully treat many conditions such as acute and chronic pain reduction, repetitive use disorders like carpal tunnel syndrome, soft tissue strains and sprains, inflammation reduction, enhanced tissue wound healing, and cell regeneration.